Your GCSGC Committee is trialing a new tournament in 2017 – the President’s Knockout Cup.
This Tournament will be held over 6 stableford Tournaments in the remainder of the year. (Rd 1 – Ballarat, Rd 2 – Lonsdale, Rd 3 – Geelong, Rd 4 – East Geelong, Rd 5 – Queenscliff, Rd 6 – Bacchus Marsh)
Rules and Rd 1 match ups are as follows.
Knockout Cup Rules 2017
New event running con-currently across 6 Rounds
-Normal stableford scoring in a match play concept – winner of a hole is the player with the highest stableford score for that hole. (Mark card with initial of player who won the hole along with stableford scores). Match ends/conceded when there are not enough holes remaining to square the match ie 4 down 3 to play. ** Remember play out the round however as normal stableford tournament is running con-currently.
– Extra Holes required for tied matches – in a sudden death format.
– If opponent doesn’t show for particular round walk-over granted.
– If you do not finish your round walk-over/conceded victory granted to opponent.
– If neither player in a match-up plays in the round , the closest loser in that round will be granted a wildcard entry into the next round in place of the non playing members. If there is another match-up with no opponents the next closest loser will be granted a wildcard into the next round – etc.
– Rd 1 Winner of 19 Match-ups plus 5 Wildcards advance to round 2
– Rd 2 Winner of 12 Match-ups plus 4 Wildcards Advance to round 3 (round of 16)
– Rd 3 Winner of 8 Match-ups advance to Round 4 (Quarters)
– Rd 4 Winner of 4 Match-ups advance to Round 5 (Semis’s)
– Rd 5 Winner of 2 Match-ups advance to Round 6 (Final)
– Wildcards = Closest scoring loser.
Rd 1 Ballarat GC
Kunovic, Anthony v Krasic, Ivan
Timonowicz, Chris v Pucko, Danny
Rabar, Gino v Medved, Ante
Miocic, Paul v Levar, Mat
Svaljek, Tom v Tomasevic, Vlado
Tomasevic, Marko v Stosic, Ivan
Novoselac, Zdenko v Sarcevic, Ante
Pausak, Marinko v Kunovic, Steve
Morelli, Anthony v Gurrie, David
Kovacevic, Luka v Svaljek, Adam
Chalmers, Derek v Jukic, David
Peretin jnr, Josip v Ivelja, Anthony
Stocki, Daniel v Cosic, Frank
Vrljic, Mark v Kump, Stipe
Krstevski, Branko v Cengic, Joe
Finch, James v Peretin sen, Josip
Kurtovic, Miro v Matijevic, Branko
Blair, Brian v Kevric, Frank
Thompson, Colin v Began, Adrian